Tuesday 14 October 2008

SFO - Raan (from Sky Flowers and Horse Eggs compilation CD)

ANOTHER BURST OF MY AURAL EMMISSIONS.


T'was early 1992. I'd recently become acquainted with BP. He mentioned he was helping put together a compilation CD, and asked if I wanted to be on it. Fine says I. I need the track tomorrow says he. Oh.

A quick phone call to NF, and I'm round his house the following lunch time. I've got an hour for lunch, including the 20 minutes travel there and back. Here's a cassette loop I made earlier (take it apart, slice it, stick the ends together with sellotape, re-assemble, cross fingers). Into NF's four track deck. A tone generator goes into one of the insert channels on the back, as well as the output from a turntable. One shot straight into DAT and I'm on the bus back to work. 

I quite like the roughness of this. I deliberately didn't filter the bass-heavy loop so it would fuck up and distort.

I'm sitting on the track list in fine company - Blackhouse, Étant Donnés, Nocturnal Emmissions, :zoviet-france:, to name but four. A proud moment for me.

Download my track here. Mind your speakers though.

No comments: