Tuesday 3 June 2008

Neil Diamond - Serenade

CBS 902195 2. 1974


Some of my earliest musical memories are of Marty Robbins, Johnny Mathis and Neil Diamond blaring out from the remarkably decent stereo at home. My brother had built up a good system in the early 70s and left it at my parents when he went off da'arn sa'arf. So the drumming bit in Soolaimon on Hot August Night rattled the walls. And on that note, my copy of HAN isn't on the shelf. Fucking hell.

Anyway, I've always had a soft spot for NDs voice. I can't remember buying this, but here it is. It doesn't have anything particularly outstanding on it. No Song Sung Blue, Sweet Caroline, Cracklin' Rose, Solitary Man, and definately no I am.. I Said, but pleasant enough.

I don't think there's any need for him doing a ragga-man vocal in Reggae Strut though.

No comments: