Monday 6 October 2008

Gultskra Artikler - Kasha Iz Topora

Miasmah MIACD006. 2007


I wouldn't know where to start describing this. Erm.... 

If Steve Stapleton met a band of mushroom-tripping eastern european gypsies in a creaky lift, and dropped the resulting soundscape in a bath of milk poured by Brian Eno in 1980.

Any help?

I had this playing when JK's aunt popped round a few months ago. As she was leaving she said 'What would you call this kind of music?'. I had no reasonable response to offer.

Proof that the proliferation of download culture doesn't necessarily have to be damaging to the industry: This was a random online snatch that lay dormant on my ipod for weeks, if not months, before I accidently clicked on it. I listened intently once, twice, thrice, then ordered the CD the next day. I'll eventually get around to ordering this chap's entire back catalogue, though I'd never heard of him before that fate-click.

My album of the year 2007. Please, please buy this.

No comments: