Thursday 10 July 2008

Mark Eitzel - Songs for Courage and Confidence

New West Records NW6038. 2002


I didn't think there could be any situation where I wished I was listening to Culture Club. Already sickened by the simpering, easy-listening lounge shite of the first two tracks, including the worst ever version of Ain't no sunshine, and my sensibilities are attacked by an abomination of an attempt at Do you really want to hurt me.

Lights off. Goodnight. But wait! There are still seven tracks to go. I'll spare the details, suffice to say this guy sucks. At least there are people to reign him in when he's in American Music Club guise (are they still going? Don't care enough to even look it up). Who the fuck choses to cover More More More (How do you like it?)???????? And make it sound WORSE!

Fuck you Eitzel. You smug piece of piss. I'm glad you're bald and your stupid little straw hat isn't fooling anyone. 

No comments: