Wednesday 25 March 2009

Hecker - IT ISO161975

Mego 014. 1998


There's not enough going on here to comment, as I don't want to crank up the amp and potentially damage the speakers to get the full effect of the sub-bass rumblings. I'll give this another go with headphones, or play it at the office on my floorstanding tannoys.

Interesting technical note: this has a track before track 1, only accessible by playing track 1 and rewinding into the stuff before it. Very clever, though it means I've not heard a large chunk of this before now.

I met Peter Rehberg (main Mego man) in France a few years ago, and he was flashing his new iPod around (they'd just come out, and he'd bought one in either America or Japan, I can't remember. He predicted that in a few years from then, people like himself (laptop twiddlers) would carry their whole set-up on iPods and spec the relevant hardware on their technical rider. Not as daft as he looks eh? (No, he really does look daft, trying to look cool in photos with Stephen O'Malley). One of the few noise performers I've seen live (under the name Pita) that actually made any kind of sense though.

Not that any of that has anything to do with Hecker, but I've typed it now, so tough.

No comments: