Thursday 19 March 2009

The Human League - Travelogue

Virgin CDV2160. 1988 (1980)


What a treat. One of the defining moments in pop-electronic history, and one which brings back many happy memories.

I was lucky enough to have slightly older cousins I spent a lot of time with as a youngster, and they were kind of into music, so I was exposed to some stuff a 10 year old may not normally have heard in 1980/81. So this was one of the coolest records I owned before I'd even started secondary school. I do remember having nightmares about being boiled alive.

The original album was utter perfection, but this CD release has extra tracks, some of which suck, and shows the direction they'd take once Ware and Marsh left and those two boilers came on board. Nice version of Rock 'n' Roll though.

Too many highlights to mention.

No comments: