Monday 21 April 2008

The Beta Band - The Three E.P.'s

Regal Recordings 7243 4 97385 2 2. 1998


I developed strong feelings for a work colleague while going through a long term relationship break up. It was driving me crazy. As I drove home one night in my groovy Mazda MX-5 soft-top, roof down, wind in my hair, I played this. First track, Dry The Rain. 'If there's something inside that you want to say, say it out loud, it'll be ok, it'll be alright.' A short while later I said something, and it was alright. We're still together. True story.

This is a fantastic collection of songs. I can play almost all of them over and over without tiring of them. I gave away the following album after a couple of listens as it was dull trash.

A word to American Football - this is how to use trumpets.

No comments: