Tuesday 29 April 2008

Bongwater - Double Bummer

Shimmy Disc Europe SDE8901/DCD1+2 (2 x CD). 1989


Once again, there's no sign of the right cover art online, so here are two bums. The covers of the two CDs, when placed together, make up a detail from Kenny Schart's closet by Tseng Kwong Chi, which was actually the back cover from the Breaking No New Ground ep. Blah blah.

More generosity from Shimmy Disc. This has all four sides of the Double Bummer vinyl, the Breaking No New Ground ep and the 7" You don't love me yet/Porpoise song. BNNG was the first Shimmy Disc release I bought, and I fell in love immediately. The drum track on Ride my see-saw is my favourite ever. That lazy, lagging snare gives me shivers of glee.

This is an album I'll never get sick of. It's worth buying just for the cover versions, especially RMSS and the 7".

'Bobbaaaaaaaaaaaay!'

No comments: